Amy C. Bates A Dedicated Lawyer Helping Families
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee
Email: Email Me
Amy C. Bates is a founding partner of Mathis, Bates & Klinghard PLLC in Clarksville, TN, and native Tennessean. Amy obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in political science from Sewanee: The University of the South. While at Sewanee Amy was a member of the academic association of the Order of Gownsmen and a star pitcher for the Lady Tiger’s softball team, earning all-conference team honors in her sophomore, junior and senior years. In 2014 Amy was further honored by her alma mater by being named to Sewanee’s Athletic Hall of Fame as the first softball team member inductee.
While in law school Amy applied that same hard work and dedication to her position as community outreach director for the Mississippi College Women’s Student Bar Association. Amy organized donations and involvement in the Susan G. Komen Run for the Cure 5K, school blood drives and other community outreach projects. Amy also clerked at a small general practice law firm while in law school. In this position Amy discovered she wanted to focus her law practice on client interaction and one-on-one service.
Amy has been licensed in Tennessee since 2009 and Kentucky since 2015. Amy’s practice areas are primarily family law, juvenile law, criminal defense and personal injury. Amy is well-versed in military divorce and adoption, including state-sponsored adoptions. Amy is a member of the Montgomery County Bar Association and the Kentucky Bar Association. Amy served as a Board Member on the Montgomery County Bar Association from 2014 to 2015.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Tennessee, 2009
- Kentucky, 2015
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2011
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2012
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
- J.D. - 2009
- Sewanee, The University of the South
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: Awarded the Distinction of Order of Gownsmen, 2004
Honors And Awards
- Awarded the Distinction of Order of Gownsmen, 2004
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Board Member, 2011 - Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 2015 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- The Kennedy Law Firm, PLLC, 2010 - 2015
To review your case with Amy or any of our other dedicated attorneys, schedule a consultation online or call our firm at (931) 919-5060.